Track Info popup text is blurry

Use this forum to discuss any problems or suggestions you might have related to iTunesKeys.

Track Info popup text is blurry

Postby knightelite » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Hello,

I just got a new computer, and so I downloaded a new version of iTuneskeys (previous was probably three years old). The track information popup is all blurry now, and has a ton of wasted space at the top of it (I assume for album artwork?)

Running version 1.8.4.0 of iTunesKeys and iTunes 12.1.2.27 64-bit. In case it matters, the monitor is 1920x1080 on Windows 7.

I've attached a screenshot showing what I mean about the blurring. It is quite obvious in comparison to the date and time right underneath it.

Anyway, any suggested fixes to get the text to display more nicely would be appreciated.
Attachments
ituneskeys_track_info_blurry.png
Blurry Track Info popup
ituneskeys_track_info_blurry.png (186.25 KiB) Viewed 4660 times
knightelite

Re: Track Info popup text is blurry

Postby MattBerube » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Go to the Start menu type in "%appdata%\iTunesKeys2" and hit enter. You should see an Explorer window with 2 files: trackinfo.css and trackinfo.html. Can you reply with those as attachments?

Also, go to iTunesKeys options and Edit Format and try changing the font settings.
MattBerube
Site Admin

Postby knightelite » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:57 pm

Here are the files you asked for. I haven't messed with them prior to zipping here.

However, I did mess around with the formatting and it appears that the problem with the blurriness has to do with how the outline colour is implemented. By default the outline and text are both black, and the outline is quite blurred. I've attached another screenshot showing this with the red outline. Making the outline white seems to make the text non-blurry, though it's not perfect (no outline would probably be ideal, but that doesn't seem to be an option). From other formatting tests, checking the "bold" checkbox doesn't seem to do anything.

Also still has the huge size for the popup window regardless of which options in the formatting I set to be displayed (I tried disabling all options except song name and the popup is still the same size).

Anyway, it definitely seems like the outline issue was the cause of the blurriness I was seeing, so hopefully this is good feedback to improve the next version. Really enjoy your application overall :).
Attachments
ituneskeys_track_info_blurred_red.png
Outline text changed to red.
ituneskeys_track_info_blurred_red.png (58.55 KiB) Viewed 4649 times
ituneskeys2.zip
zip of trackinfo.css and trackinfo.html
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 420 times
knightelite

Postby knightelite » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:01 pm

Right after I posted this, I noticed the Track Info size box. Disabling showing artwork (since I didn't have it for the album) and setting the height to 100 seems to have resolved my other issues, and I am now satisfied with the popup. Might be worth changing the defaults a bit though regarding the outline especially, or making the box dynamically change height based on whether album artwork exists or not. Anyway, I've attached what I've got it looking like now.
Attachments
ituneskeys_track_fixed.png
ituneskeys_track_fixed.png (44.41 KiB) Viewed 4649 times
knightelite

Postby MattBerube » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:31 am

One thing I forgot to ask: what version of Internet Explorer do you have? If you don't have 11 that may be why things look weird.
MattBerube
Site Admin

Postby knightelite » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Looks like IE 10.0.9200.17377, so if IE 11 is required that could explain it.
knightelite

Return to iTunesKeys