new option for search!

Use this forum to discuss any problems or suggestions you might have related to iTunesKeys.

new option for search!

Postby sollymay » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:26 am

Hi guys, how are you? I'm really grateful for the application that you guys wrote. Now, I just wanted to have an option to search inside the mini player, so that I could globally search for a song no matter where I am standing on my windows. It would go triggered to the itunes magnifier glass and that is the only thing I'm missing in order to get the perfect app for itunes control. If you can do that, I will personally donate $10 to your program development.

I hope you can help me out with this.

I appreciate the development of this app cause I use itunes every single day.

Salomon May.
sollymay

Re: new option for search!

Postby MattBerube » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a reliable way to do this. iTunesKeys uses features of iTunes that it provides, jumping to search is not part of that.

You could sort of work around this. You can assign a key to the Show/Hide iTunes action and use this to switch to the iTunes window. Then press CTRL+F to search.

I've tried doing this automatically in iTunesKeys by sending key presses with the Windows API. But you have to get the timing right and it doesn't seem to work consistently. Thanks for the feedback though, I'd definitely that if iTunes allowed it.
MattBerube
Site Admin

Return to iTunesKeys