iTunesKeys broke PgDown

Use this forum to discuss any problems or suggestions you might have related to iTunesKeys.

iTunesKeys broke PgDown

Postby Hannya » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi,

I was setting iTunesKeys and somehow my Page Down key became Next (I was setting ctrl alt page down to next) and now my Page Down doesn't work anymore as Page Down unless I close iTunesKeys.

How can I fix this?
Hannya

Re: iTunesKeys broke PgDown

Postby MattBerube » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:18 am

You should be able to assign another key combination to Next. Or you press Backspace in the Hotkey box and select Set Hotkey, which will clear the key combination assigned to that command.
MattBerube
Site Admin

Postby Hannya » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:13 pm

I don't think you understood the problem. Page Down BECAME Next, if I press Page Down in any hotkey it appears as Next, and it doesn't work as Page Down (scrolling down the pages) with iTunesKeys open.

I have no problems and seting and reseting hotkeys.
Hannya

Postby MattBerube » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 pm

There's two things going on here. It displays as Next because Windows defines the "PageDown" and "Next" keys with the same value. When iTunesKeys converts from this value to the text, it shows as Next because it comes alphabetically before PageDown. But it is still detecting the PageDown key correctly.

The other thing happening is because of the way the hotkeys system works. If you have a command set to PageDown, iTunesKeys "captures" that key and it won't work for anything else. If you've reset/cleared the hotkey bound to PageDown and it doesn't start working right away, restart iTunesKeys and everything should be back to normal.
MattBerube
Site Admin

Return to iTunesKeys