Show/Hide iTunes Feature

Use this forum to discuss any problems or suggestions you might have related to iTunesKeys.

Show/Hide iTunes Feature

Postby Nuisance » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:33 am

Hello Matt,

I've been using iTunesKeys for well over a year now with no issues. However since the last iTunes update (10.4.0.80) the hide/show function no longer works correctly. I'm using 1.6.2.0 of iTunesKeys.

iTunes hides just fine but when the iTunes window is restored from being hidden the window is incorrectly rendered, not showing any of the top bar along with outdated information in the playlist.

I imagine that this is a iTunes issue. But I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for this app, it is appreciated.

Rowan
Nuisance

Re: Show/Hide iTunes Feature

Postby MattBerube » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:29 am

I wasn't able to reproduce your problem here. I tried it on it on both Windows XP and 7.
What OS are you using? Is your Windows visual theme modified somehow? Is iTunes set to minimize to the taskbar or the tray?
iTunesKeys is basically just looking for the iTunes window and minimizing it/restoring it, I can't think of how this would cause a graphical problem.
I did however find a (probably) unrelated problem in the way I restore iTunes. If iTunes was not set to minimize to the tray, the Show/Hide iTunes option would only minimize it, not show it. You could see if the new version does anything for you.
MattBerube
Site Admin

Postby Nuisance » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:50 am

Hello.

I tried your update regardless with out any change to the original issue.

This issue is present in windows 7 64.

The issue is seen from both minimise to the taskbar as well as minimise to the tray.

I've reinstalled itunes with out any success.

As I stated before I feel this is probably a iTunes issue rather than iTunesKeys.

Nuisance

Postby MattBerube » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 am

Does the ever problem happen without iTunesKeys running? If you minimize iTunes to the tray manually and restore it do you still get the issue?
MattBerube
Site Admin

Postby Nuisance » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:36 am

No, the issue is only present when using the minimise/restore key set with iTunesKeys. If I'm using the functionality directly from in iTunes there is no issues.

To answer a previous question about whether I am using any themes in windows, I'm not.

Rowan
Nuisance

Postby MattBerube » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:59 am

Hmm, sorry I can't think of how I could fix this. What iTunesKeys does is use the iTunes interface to tell it to minimize/restore the main window. Strange that this started with the new version of iTunes. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem...
MattBerube
Site Admin

Return to iTunesKeys